Effective June 15, 2020
- Disclaimer. JCCI cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that any data, information and/or material (“Content”) that you may obtain through the Site is accurate, complete, useful, upto-date and/or complete, and JCCI does not accept any responsibility for any errors or omissions on the Site or for any damage or loss you may suffer as the result of your use of the Content. Statements and opinions expressed by persons who have authored articles contained in JCCI’s newsletter or otherwise posted on the Site do not constitute statements of JCCI, but only reflect the author’s personal opinion, and JCCI shall have no responsibility or liability for such statements or opinions. You are solely responsible for the consequences of your use of any Content on the Site.
- Member Only Pages. Business entities, other organizations, and qualified individuals are eligible for membership in JCCI, which allows them access to Content that is not available to non-members. A business entity or organization desiring to become a member of JCCI (“Member”) must complete a membership application (available here), and upon approval of the application and payment of membership dues and fees, will be deemed a Member and have the ability to create an account for Member access to the Content that is restricted to Members. JCCI provides Members with account credentials. Members who believe their password or other account credentials have been stolen or compromised must immediately notify JCCI so that action can be taken to address the breach.
- Third Party Sites. JCCI provides hypertext links or other types of links to certain online resources that can be accessed from the Site. However, these sites are not maintained or controlled by JCCI; therefore, JCCI is not responsible for the contents or accuracy of any such linked resources. JCCI makes no warranty, express or implied, with respect to the use of the links provided; nor does JCCI guarantee the accuracy, completeness, usefulness or adequacy of any resources, information, system, product or process available at or from the Site. You should be aware when you leave the Site to access such hypertext links or other links, and should read the privacy statements or notices of each website or app that you access to ensure your understanding of and agreement with the terms and conditions and privacy policies of such websites or apps.
- Advertisements. Members may place advertisements on the Site. Advertisements posted on Blog Page are not posted by JCCI; they are posted by the host. JCCI does not endorse or recommend any products, process or services or entities promoted in advertisements posted on the Site or the Blog Site.
- Copyright Notice. Copyright on all materials, including, without limitation, Content and photographs (“Materials”) available on the Site belongs to JCCI or its licensees. Any and all use of such Material without express authorization of JCCI or its licensees is at your own risk. Title to copyright in Materials on the Site will at all times remain with JCCI and its licensees. Any permitted copies of the Site or portions thereof must retain any copyright notices and other notices thereon. Nothing on the Site shall be construed as conferring any license under JCCI and/or its licensees’ rights, whether express, implied, or otherwise. You may not reproduce or transmit in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, and storage in an information retrieval system, nor may you modify or create derivative works based on the any part of Materials.
- Availability of the Site. While JCCI will endeavor to maintain the availability of the Site, JCCI makes no warranty that the Site will meet your requirements or that access to the Site or any webpage or other information on the Site will be uninterrupted, timely, or error-free, that defects will be corrected or that the Site or the server(s) that make the Site and/or the services available through the Site are available free of viruses or bugs. If you are aware of any error on the Site please contact JCCI and we will endeavor to correct it.
- Emails. By providing your email address to JCCI, you agree that JCCI may send you emails regarding your use of the Site, information about upcoming events at JCCI, and JCCI’s newsletters.
- No Warranties. JCCI shall not be liable to you for any loss arising out of use of the Site or the Blog Site or the inaccuracy or incompleteness of information contained on the Site or the Blog Site or in the services available through the Site. THE SITE AND INFORMATION ON THE SITE AND THE BLOG SITE ARE PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESSED, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOU AGREE THAT YOU BEAR ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH, ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY RELIANCE ON THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY DATA, INFORMATION, AND/OR MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE.
- Limitation of Liability. JCCI SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, DATA, LOSS OF OTHER INTANGIBLES, LOSS OF SECURITY OF INFORMATION YOU HAVE PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE, OR UNAUTHORIZED INTERCEPTION OF ANY SUCH INFORMATION BY THIRD PARTIES, EVEN IF ADVISED IN ADVANCE OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE IS TO STOP USING THE SITE OR SERVICES.
- Use of the Site. Your use of the Site must be in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
Japan Chamber of Commerce and Industry New York Inc.
145 West 57th Street, 6th Floor
New York, New York 10019